Glorious Sandwich in basically 4 ingredients. This one is a keeper.
I originally got this recipe from the Wicked Yummy Blog (link will be posted at end)
- 3 oz Wheat Ciabatta (I used Chabaso Bakery Wheat Ciabatta Baguette), 2 oz after extra bread is removed
- 1 oz Part Skim Mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 1/2 oz thinly sliced Prosciutto
- 2 thin Tomato Slices
- 3 Basil Leaves
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Cooking Spray
WW Points+: 7 Calories: 259.4 Total Fat: 8.1 g
1. Preheat a panini press, grill pan, or skillet to medium-low heat.
2. Slice the 3 oz piece of Wheat Ciabatta in half. Remove 1 oz of “extra” bread.
3. Place half of the thinly sliced Mozzarella onto the bottom half of the panini.
4. Place the two Tomato slices on top of the cheese.
5. Next, add Prosciutto, Basil, and the other half of the Mozzarella. Sprinkle with Salt and Black Pepper and top with the other half of the ciabatta.
6. Spray the panini press, grill pan, or skillet with cooking spray. Add the sandwich and cook until the cheese has melted and the bread is crispy and golden. If using a grill pan or skillet, place a heavy pan on top of the sandwich to press it down. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and golden.